Friday, February 21, 2014

The "twisty" road to Derry HS

After crossing every hill and mountain imaginable I made it to Derry HS just as Jessie was starting her first class.

Derry HS has absolutely amazing facilities!  I was in total envy of the shear amount of space they had let alone the amount of hands on lab areas!  Several things make this facility jump out,  first the fact that the Ag department has its own building and they pay 2 secretaries to assist Mr.Campbell.

I honestly do not know how I would manage that many facilities, teach and still find time for FFA and SAE visits.  I enjoyed getting to to see Jessie and to see where she is teaching.

I will say however, that despite the incredible opportunities that Derry has I know that I am much happier with my own placement.  I think its awesome how we can both be in western Pennsylvania and have completely different programs.

My major comment/ opinion Derry needs a second and probably a third teacher just to fully utilize their facilities!  The educational opportunities are incredible and the potential exponential! 

1 comment:

  1. Mindy,

    It is a really cool school, and they do a lot of great things there. Just remember that you as the teacher can make that kind of impact in any school, no matter the physical space/location.

    Dr. Ewing

    ReplyDelete