Saturday, March 29, 2014

Western Region PAAE Meeting







The meeting on Tuesday night was a great experience, not to mention a great meal!  The meeting had several things of interest, the first being the PAAE summer conference which is being held in the western region.  During the meeting volunteers were selected to host and organize different parts of the conference.  Additionally, this gave me the opportunity to interact with other Ag teachers from the same area as me.  This group is definitely starting to feel like my family more and more each time we get together!

Probably the most interesting thing that came out of the meeting was the offer by PDE to put together a program approval workshop.  They said that they have extra money in the budget and want to spend it on Ag teachers.  They are willing to come to summer conference and sit down with any school that needs/wants help meeting the requirements.  I liked this idea since the programs I am looking at, are in need of help meeting the requirements.  As a first year teacher this could be an amazing opportunity for me!

It was a great experience and I have my fingers crossed that going into next school year I will be a permanent member of the western region family!



1 comment:

  1. Mindy,

    I am glad the PAAE meeting was so positive for you. Agriculture teachers really are a great family, and I am sure the Western region is a very close-knit group. I would definitely encourage you to take advantage of the PDE workshop at summer conference. I know they will share a lot of great advice for program approval/re-approval.

    Dr. Ewing

    ReplyDelete